Bet you didn’t know that rubber bands had so many unexpected uses. Here are 20 hacks that can help you solve everyday problems.
1. Open Tight Jar Lids
Sometimes a jar lid can be too tight and you are unable to open it no matter how hard you try because it is stuck. In order to open tight jar lids, you can tie a rubber band around the lid to have a stronger grip helping you to open it more easily.
2. Take Selfies
If you don’t have a friend to take a picture of you, you can tie your phone to any object and click away.
3. Make More Storage Space
If you have less space in your bag to keep all your clothes, you can use it to wrap your clothes and make more room for them.
4. Prevent Your Cables from Getting Damaged
You can use it at the ends of your charger cables to prevent them from getting damaged.
5. Turn Magazine/Book Pages
Magazine/book pages often get stuck so you can use a rubber band to turn the pages of a magazine easily by tying it on the tip of your finger.
6. Keep Pot Lids from Moving
Many times the lid of a pot keeps getting displaced while you are moving the pot from one place to another. In order to keep the lid from moving, you can tie a rubber band around it.
7. Wipe the Excess Paint Without a Messit
You can tie it in the middle of a paint container so that you can wipe the extra paint which is on the brush onto the rubber band.
8. Keep Your Clothes Intact on a Hanger
Sometimes when you use a hanger for your clothes they keep slipping down or off. In order to keep them from falling down again and again, you can use it at both ends of the hanger.
9. Chopstick Holder
If you don’t know how to eat with chopsticks or if it is too uncomfortable for you, then you can tie a rubber band around the end and this will make it easier to use them.
10. Avoid Book Pages from Being Crumpled
When you keep your books in your bag, at times the pages get folded which could be very annoying. By tying a rubber band at one end of the book you can avoid that from happening.
11. Use as an eraser – If you are writing something down with a pencil and can’t find an eraser, you can always use it to erase whatever you want.
12. Keep the door from being locked – By putting rubber bands on your door handle, you can keep it from getting locked again and again.
13. Keep your tea bag intact – While drinking tea, do you get annoyed every time your tea bag falls inside? If so, you can just put a rubber band around the thread of the tea bag to prevent it from falling.
14. Differentiate between two similar looking things – By putting a rubber band on one of the things that look the same, you can differentiate between them. For example, you can put a rubber band around the charged batteries and leave the uncharged ones as they are to easily know which ones to use.
15. Open nail paint bottles – When the nail paint around the outside of your nail paint bottles dries, it becomes a little difficult to open them. You can use a rubber band around the top or opener, which will help in adding more grip and helps you open them more easily.
16. Keep your cutting board in place – While cutting vegetables if you are irritated when your cutting board moves around, you can keep it secure in one place by putting it on each end of the board so that it stays stuck to the surface.
17. Prevent a zip from falling down – If your jeans have a loose zip that keeps falling down, it can get a little embarrassing. You can just use a rubber band around the zip and attach it to the waist button to keep it in place.
18. Pants Button Holder – If your pants are too tight and cannot be buttoned anymore, you can use a rubber band which will hold your button in place and prevent your pants from falling down.
19. Spoon holder – While eating your cereal,do you get irritated when the spoon keeps falling inside your big bowl of milk? You can just tie a rubber band in the middle of the spoon which will stick to the bowl and the spoon won’t fall inside.
20. Making tongs for cooking – If you are planning to cook on a bonfire and have forgotten your tongs at home, you can simply use two forks and tie them together to make tongs.